Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Back to the Future: Rewind and play it Forward Seventy Five times

So with my camera finally joining me in Japan I can now take pictures. Here some beginning photos of my life in Japan as taken by me. Here we go:


1.) This is a school just outside of my apartment. I thought the contrast of hard concrete to beautiful sky and trees provide a lovely contrast and help us realize that even in the dense man-made jungle, nature can exist.


 2.) This store is called "Green Store" it is a second hand knick-knack store and has kitschy little toys within. Didn't see much, but was very tempted to buy a Pika-Pichu little drink mug on the cheap. Sadly, I did not.


3.) Here is just outside of a major shopping area in Akita and provides again that contrast of beautiful "natural" scenery with the man-made creeping all around. This is an entrance to the wonderful Senshu Park.


4.) "Downtown" Akita near the Station a big shopping area and apparently at night if you sit out front of the Lawson you will attract many 外人. Oh inside jokes are hilarious!


5.) The entrance to Senshu park as mentioned above. With some formal building just inside.


6.) Another angle of the lily pond in front of Senshu park but this time looking back towards where I took the initial picture. The large white building in the distance is the abandoned Hotel Hawaii.


7.) Across the street from Senshu park is the Akita Art Museum. I hope to visit this someday soon. Perhaps more in the winter time when the outside will be covered in snow and cold.


8.) I bought this little trinket at the Village Vanguard a very kewl and distinct shop that sells higher priced knick-knacks, but this is a magical coin box. A piggy bank that makes your money vanish! It's currently holding close to 2,000円

9.) A different angle of the mysterious art bank!


 So for now that is all I have. I only just got my camera yesterday! I'm sorry I'll try harder to get better and more pictures to you! Please don't beat me! Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment