Saturday, July 6, 2013

30 Years and 30 Miles the photos

Back in December I posted 30 years and 30 miles. Well I've FINALLY uploaded the photos from the daunting experience. Thinking back to it with fondness, but not much desire to do it again unless with much better preparation.
It was something I will always remember, I guess unless I come down with Dementia or another terrible disease of the like, and which is exactly what I wanted to accomplish. I also wanted to be able, even from a distance to experience what others go through. Some on a frequent basis. This was one small feat that I could do to endure what they endure. It is extremely taxing, but I found it extremely rewarding. A big thank you to my mother for coming to pick me up at the end of this trek.

















I feel like the pictures speak for themselves because I took them and did. In quick synopsis from top to bottom: Looking out from the Naples Bridge at Long Lake. About six miles in look out at Sebago cove, I believe, still feeling pretty good at this point. On the road somewhere in Sebago, as evidence by this next picture with the church. Starting to feel really hungry, that banana wasn't enough! I need more food. "Oh are those Loons?!"
I literally heard a choir of angels at the sight of those signs, because it meant food! I was quite hungry by this point and this was the first evidence of food, other than random people's homes. Thankfully I had money to buy some snacks. The two trees was on the back end of my trip and believe I was in the Steep Falls wildlife area. Then I came upon this neat little cemetery in Standish. The last two pictures are me taking a small sitting break on the side of the road in Standish near Route 35, I was coming from route 114. Beyond this point I was too tired and starting to really feel the distance of my journey. I was still seven miles out from the end here.
Even now recalling it makes me tired, but I did it. And it will live with me always. Thanks for reading. Remember to keep smiling, and try to keep in mind how lucky we are to somehow exist through a seemingly endless black void of existence within existence that seems to continue infinitely.

The Route

2 comments: