Sunday, June 16, 2019

The Lucky Baker's choice

So, this'll be a tough one. Because I felt a little lull in my walking, but also because I'm now up to day 13 and the last day I wrote about was 7...

Again some of the places I went too were either already done, or unavailable. Like Day 8 was walking back and forth on the Philosopher's path. Anywho without further ado. Here are some new places and new thoughts.

Day 8

There aren't any pictures from this day because I enjoyed the "solitude" of the philosopher's path and Eastern Kyoto.

Day 9

Hyakumanben Chionji Temple: Here they do the 1,000,000 nembutsu or reciting and chanting the Buddha's name (Amida I believe) on repeat while holding a massive rope of prayer beads.





Day 10

Tenrikyo Temple: Not a buddhist temple but one of a Japanese new religion that has elements of Shinto, Buddhism and Abrahamic religions. Using both monotheistic and polytheistic god themes. I was not expecting such a religion when I entered this temple. 






Day 11

I can't recall where I went on this day. I think it was another time skip day of walking for 3 hours and not really getting anywhere. I have just now remembered that I spent this day doing Government fun and was the third day doing so, but also trying to find a walk able path up Mount Hiei.

Day 12

 Konkaikomyou-ji: A temple that has a cute monk statue with a big afro. They also had an interesting miniature temple bell for sale. Was tempted to get it, but would be difficult to transport.










 Okazaki-jinja: A shrine with a dedication to rabbits and reproduction for couples/otherwise. I saw a newly wed couple in their shinto wedding apparel here praying for such things.





Day 13

 Nagoya/Kannon-ji: Kannon-ji is another temple that has a special goushuin design, but I also got to write a sutra for Fudo Myoo (angry emanation of the Amida Buddha) with a "wish" at the end. The sutra/wish was then placed into a Japanese charm so besides the special temple stamp, I got a custom sutra/wish/charm.

 

This concludes the six day span. I reached a total of about 1,463 hours and around 93 km. I had plenty of time to think and of course had a fun three day stretch of Government bureaucracy, which is always fun.

Struck by wanderlust.
I look to the stars, below.
Here I go again.

From North to the East.
And back I go: West and South.
Further still I run.

To identity.
From space raptors and masks seen.
We stretch the wings free.

I am neither then.
Nor am I then, I run free.
For we are playing.

Playing at the gods.
Praying, wishing our whispers.
Can we hear the dreams.

Am I the peasant?
Am I the hero? We're seen.
Seen behind the mask.

The question above.
The question within, bellows.
Which path do I go?

Nem-bu-tsu, Hya ku!
Nem-bu-tsu, do you copy?
Nem-bu-tsu, more more!

Thank you for these dreams.
Something, about wings treading.
Thank you for my time.


I. am. Blessed. Filled with blessings and luck. I seek dreams, and they seek me. I am but a dream, whispering deep, but gaining steam. Louder and louder into the canyon of reality. I am truth spoken. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment