Monday, June 10, 2019

Seven Days on moss

Today was a new attempt on the pilgrimage theme. I added a small run into the morning before I headed out to try and strengthen my legs and ready my body for the trials ahead. By the end I wasn't quite prepared. I was unable to go into any other temple due to the weather, fees, or there wasn't any one around.

Day 7

1.) Sekizanzenin: A temple connected to Mount Hiei and the marathon temple atop it. It houses a shrine as part of the complex and a theme of the seven lucky gods (shichifukujin), with a focus on Bishamonten and Fukurokuju. There are lots of Fukurokuju charms here.












2.) Manshu-in Monzeki: This temple complex is near an imperial villa that had an odd feeling to it. It didn't appear much like a villa or something imperial, but there were plenty of keep out signs.

3.) Mirokuin: A small temple just south of Ginkakuji (Silver Pavilion) right off of the Philosopher's Path.

Heart beating, pounding.
Feet stomping, carrying me far.
But soon will be far.

Now I am greeted.
Greeted by the flow of time.
Flowing forth and back.

The ground rises up.
And farther up still. I'm near.
Color streaming, threes.

Carpets of mystics.
The road continues, wooded.
I arrive, the gate.

Beauty everywhere.
Tears of joy stream from above.
Oh mighty seven.

Oh mighty seven.
Guide me on my concrete path.
The Philosopher's.

I am returned home.
A journey indeed it is.
Blessed days, I thank you.

Thankful for three stars.
Of the Happiness, Wealth, and.
Longevity, praise.



Another fine day of walking and contemplation in the books. This was a bit "shorter" but still reaching into the four hour mark and roughly 18 km. 

No comments:

Post a Comment