Friday, June 7, 2019

The Dai Nichi and Roku kkakudo

Today was the biggest challenge so far as it was raining for most of my walk, and many places I thought to try were closed or gated off. That said at the end when my feet hurt from being wet and rubbing with my socks and shoes I had a fun experience. I met the city bird buddha and a youtube travel guide. What an interesting time. This was about a 6 hour walk and in the vicinity of 24 km.

Day 6

1.) Rokkakudo: a temple in the center of the city with connections to the eastern mountains and another temple that is half way from here to Mount Hiei. It is also part of a larger complex that was under construction.









I will share with you
Some thoughts, some dreams, from this day.
The space between stands.

Amida. Senjyuu.
Kannon, heavens weeping gray.
These liminal trees.

Longer is this road.
My feet travel in snake form.
Came through here, returned.

Where is here, I'm lost?
So far, yet, so little done.
Now I seek refuge.

What's this, Fudo Myoo?
Success, many cute faces.
Name the Bird Buddha.

Svaha!

Amen!

Oman! Amiyn! Om!

No comments:

Post a Comment