Friday, June 21, 2013

Driven to comparison

I look around and see them everywhere. A comparison. A contemporary. An antonym. Which is which, I can never be 100% sure. Some are all, some are none, but in the end it comes down to my own brain. My own thought process and my own perspectives/beliefs. The relationship with myself help determines the relationship I have with others. A devotion and compassion towards myself will inevitably lead to similar traits with others. While maneuvering the obstacles all around me: Real, Imaginary, or otherwise, a key component is the strength and dedication I have for myself.
There are contributing factors of course. Cognitive dissonance is a very real and very useful tool, but engaging in society will undoubtedly lead to such an effect. I am not the only one in existence. In fact another person, or five, is by some extension dealing with this exact same processes, because thus is life. So let us all remember that the person next to us, generally deserves our compassion and that we're generally next to them.

On a side note. My current goals do not feel on pace, but are very likely coming along at just the right pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment