Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Back to the Future

The title is both re-hashed and fitting. I'm back in the land of sakura, samurai, and GOJIRA. This isn't really new news, but an update. It's been almost two weeks now and the job is coming along. There is quite a bit of down time, which is nice. I am enjoying working with people of all ages and finding more and more that people, truly are people, even with ethnic/cultural differences. The differences in perspectives, beliefs, and customs run deep. To a level that can be hard to see and interact with, but it comes back to being a people(s). That seems to run true, even with distinct differences everywhere else.
I got to swim in a beautiful 50 meter pool that is at least 10 lanes wide. Quite a bit different than a 25 yard pool. Tonight I saw a statue of the Colonel waving bright and friendly, and thought it was a real person. Chuckling when I realized my mistake. I miss the little things: protein bars (thus far), and the many good people in my life. On the plus side I'm meeting and interacting with very intelligent and wonderful folk.
This past weekend I got to see a local oni/kami named Name Hage and even got to shake one's hand. It was quite the experience.
I'm feeling optimistic and excited about the now and the upcoming months! Let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment