Monday, September 19, 2011

For Boredom

"...You can count me out/in..."

Alright, football. I'm officially pissed. Testing my convictions. You took long enough with this "lockout" business, so I decided to not watch your games in response. Sorry nine billion dollars, which the fans help make possible, and you didn't really give back. Oh sure, you do community work, which I'm thankful for, and the communities you assist are as well. Props too to Robert Kraft for pulling up his big boy pants and "semi-crossing the aisle" to get a deal done. But with the way the New England Patriots are playing is torture for me not getting to watch it. They're going to outdo their 2007 season, and damnit I want to see it! That being said, I will not watch it until their in the Super Bowl. Maybe I'll weaken my resolve and submit to the AFC Championship game, but as of right now only the Super Bowl. Which I see them actually winning.
In respect to how well the Patriots are playing. Look at the stat lines. Sure the opposing teams are "lighting up" the secondary, but is that actually the real picture? Rivers is a high quality Quarterback in the league and he was intercepted twice, sacked twice, and fumbled once. The Chargers also had to play catch up with the Patriots to the tune of 423 passing yards from Brady and a final score of 35-21. So this looks more like running for the Chargers wasn't getting it done. I could be skewering the stats, but the Chargers are a good team and the Pats beat them like Miami (also a good team).
Anyway my point is that the Patriots are well on their way to setting even more records (almost 1000 passing yards going into week 3?!?!) and a defense that is going to keep getting better with 6 sacks and 5 turnovers in two games. Sure there are spots that could use improvement, always, but geez they're showing up to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment