Saturday, September 17, 2011

5 AM

Creative title no?

We move in our own ways, pressed against a window pane.
I still remember the first time I laid eyes on you.
A blurry picture that I couldn't make out.
Taking an inward breath,
I try to find something invisible.
Something I can't quite make out.
This something is a lost piece of me.
Something from long ago.
Is it a flower in the desert sand?
Or a towering mountain, majestic and stoic?
Maybe it is that single moth fluttering about trying to stay aloft.
This is something I may not know.

A crash,
A sound broken throughout time.
Our inner depths become questioned.
Now I see clearly.
Now I smell clearly.
I can taste the air.
I have been set free.
Free to take to the sky.
Free to swim the darkest caverns.
Where only our dreams await.
This will be something, for I am not deterred.

I will build monuments,
And cathedrals in your visage.
I will praise your name in the holiest of passages.
I will sing and rejoice your spirit.

I am safe in your arms.
I know which path is the brightest.
I take the path that leads me to you.

You who do not abandon.
You can only answer the what.
You, when they speak of you,
They speak from the heart.
You, where you await us all in the shining land.
You of all the ones I await, I seek, why?

A dog biscuit indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment