Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Back to the Future: A little behind

This day was a day of unparalleled heat and humidity in my time thus far in Japan. It was so warm. Despite this, I still managed to have a wonderful picnic and day. Got to see a museum nearby and revisit some Japanese history and religion, thank you to my Professors at College. You guys did a great job. So without further ado here are some pictures!


1.) This was from our picnic spot looking out. It was a stone path that included a stream. The glorious composition of stream and trees was quite beautiful.

2.) The tree we used as protection from the unrelenting heat. It helped a little, but it was still quite warm underneath. 

3.) Technology and nature seem to blend together. Even in stark contrast to each other.

4.) Did I fall into a Miyazaki film?

5.) Why yes! Yes I did!!

6.) A little bit difficult to see, but between the two bushes is a massive spider web. This is part of the beginning of the stream from above.

7.) Looking back towards our picnic spot. From upstream.

8.) Hidden within this realm of kami, a pagoda, dedicated to the power of these beings.

9.) This bush said, "TAKE MY PICTURE!" So I said, "ok."

10.) To demonstrate some of the humidity I was talking about. Just beyond this field are some mountains, but they're hiding behind the veil of misty warmth.

11.) Atop a shopping bonanza, looking out onto the modern city, we can see the past. The winter to our spring. We can now rest.

So there you go! I hope you enjoyed another rousing adventure into a mind's eye while contemplating the nature of this "foreign land". If ever a question was raised I say, "nevermore".

No comments:

Post a Comment