Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Flowers:

A Toilet:

I cannot fathom a rhyme or reason
to this frozen and unfeeling
monsoon of pressure and depth.
Eroding away my sense of self,
replacing it with needles.
   
Yet,
I am able to hear
a bubble and gargle.
A gasp of breath,
a slosh of displacement.
Slapping wet feet
on hard tile floors.
In a stall near to me.
These bathroom walls are,
so thin.
So clear.
   
Who is it,
that comes for me?
Those jagged nails scratching along the wall.
Is it She,
that has stirred?

I grasp tightly at my chest,
at each creaking rattle.
There are no protective blankets here.
Would they even bother to save me?

I have aroused her hatred?
   
My skin forms droplets of moisture,
rising to meet the bumps in the night.
My breath is shortened,
as her icy grip takes hold.
There are no soft caresses,
Only the touch of Winter.

She, is Hanako-San.
I now know her loneliness.
A goldfish out of its bowl,
I lie,
gasping for life.
Staring out at dirty crevices.
I am embraced by darkness
no longer feeling the cold.
My Fall ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment