Monday, May 14, 2012

You've left me little Time:

These things are lost, and I cannot seem to find them.
This failure should be noted, but perhaps this is my penance...

Then again, strangely enough, this might be your retribution.
Be wary these deeds because they may come back "ten fold".
Then again, it might not, this here and now is your reward...

So in response I will ask:

Should I play in the mud, after a rainy day in the backyard?
Perhaps I should just grab some holly for my ailments?
Or...
Should I take a vacation just like the family Robinson?
Perhaps I should take time to learn to play the alto saxophone?

I say nay.
Simply because.
And it is no good.

All things come to an end.
This life so full, filled with impermanence.
I will ask again, what is the point?

Perhaps there is none.
Perhaps there is plenty.
It matters not, but matters greatly.

There is a path of minimal expectation and it may be the best road:

Fully realizing the joy and beauty this world has to offer.
Yet knowing, just like a flower given to a pretty lady, that it will mold and decay.
Becoming something new and vibrant in its own right.

No comments:

Post a Comment