Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cross-Religion:

I've never understood how you can claim to follow a Religion, and use violence to any means to an end. I honestly cannot think of a nation or a religion that is without fault. Please excuse my Judeo-Christian societal upbringing, but "go ahead and cast that stone, as long as you are without evil/sin/wrongdoing/judgment". Yeah I paraphrased, but my point is what religion emphasizes violence?
And please don't give me Islam, it comes out of the same tradition as Judaism and Christianity. The majority of religions are founded out of a kindness and love for the fellow neighbor/person/entity. Let's look at some basic human needs: love, food, water, physical activity, medical care, education, and (I'll add) community (even though this can be covered under love).
Despite my aspirations of becoming Ulmighty Leader of the United Communities of the World (or, I guess, President of the United States of America), the more I go along. The more I find that we will not find our solace, our true cares and desires, in the political leaders that we assign this imaginary power over ourselves. We have our disagreements, but we can get together for community, for music, for love, for food (water), and for our survival.

No comments:

Post a Comment